Wednesday 10 February 2010

Extra long cable knit scarf

Photobucket


So I finally finished this scarf, which took me so long. This is the negative affect of making scarfs as the novelty wears off!!

I used a pattern off Ravelry, however used a thicker yarn so it would be a little more substantial, yet still a skinny scarf.

I used Jumbo Double Knitting wool in a country/farmer style cream. I brought two balls of yarn and knitted using both yarns together so the yarn was thicker. This actually caused no problems, apart from carrying two large balls of yarn. I am planning to make some wrist warmers to match, and have already started a hat to match, both of which will be in the same wool.


Photobucket


I wanted this scarf to be really long, which I definitely achieved!! Once it is wrapped around, both ends are still draped on the floor. Therefore it can be slightly impractical, though I love it all the same.

This scarf was extremely simple to do, which is why ironically I made quite a few mistakes as I did not always concentrate properly. However these are not noticeable, and are generally just differences in the cable lengths. The pattern is made up of an outer ribbing, and the cable's in the centre separated by the purl stitch.


Photobucket


To finish the scarf I have added tassels, which I simple chose a length, twisted them up and pulled them through using a sewing needle. This has actually kept them securely in place.


Photobucket

This is my first knitted project that I have made fore myself, as I have only achieved making gifts so far, so am very pleased.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could knit like this, AMAZING!
    Fab blog, definitely be back :) Come follow TBAG if you fancy. xxx

    ReplyDelete