Thursday 4 February 2010

Bow Beret: crochet

Photobucket

I decided for this Christmas just gone I wanted to make my mums gift. I found this beautiful pattern of a beret with a bow on. I was so excited to make it until I realised it was a crochet pattern. I was so attached by the pattern that I decided I would teach myself. How hard can it be???

Well it turns out very!! Though I have now got the hang of it and love to crochet not, though i am definitely a beginner! I did practice the stitches a lot, however it turns out I did it wrong. Below is a picture of the hat I did when the stitch was wrong!!



Photobucket




After I found out how to do the puff stitch and chain stitch, I managed to make it and was very pleased with the results.

I used Debbie Bliss Rialto Aran: 100% Merino wool in a blue/grey colour and a 4.5mm hook. I actually still managed to do the pattern wrong, because I used the right wool, but I used just over 4 balls of yarn, whereas the pattern only needed 2 balls yarn!

I also missed out 2 rows from the pattern, as I had the feeling the pattern was going to be a little big, which I think was the right decision.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is a pattern that i got off Raverly.

No comments:

Post a Comment