Monday 27 September 2010

a bit of patchwork mate!

Well, it has been a long time....i have missed my 'craft time'

I am now working on a patchwork throw. I am not actually designing this myself. I am doing it in crochet, and have been trying to teach myself to do it. Instead I am using a pattern from a magazine. The majority of the squares are using a different crochet stitch. The only difference is I am not using any of the suggested yarn.

The challenge is; to use all different types of yarn, including different thickness's/colours to make it really quite quirky and patchy. The other part of the challenge is to use yarn only found in end of line bins or from stashes from friends. I thought this would give just a nice twist.

Below is my first square, which I am about to cast off!!!

Photobucket

I have just been travelling through Africa, which was such an amazing experience. I made some such good friends and saw and did so much. It feels like since I have come back, I have literally returned to winter!!! Where did Autumn go?! I am going to have to get on with the knitting!! I always knit every Autumn/Winter, but I always knit for other people. My African travels were about myself for once and I think it may be nice to actually make some nice little bits for myself this year.

My plans for myself:
- bow hat for myself (already on blog)
- cable hat for myself (already on blog) with matching mittens
- A big ribbed slouch hat
- A lace thick shawl
- Big chunky knit cardigan (I do know this is unlikely to be accomplished, I have very high hopes!)

For other people:
- A hoodie for my friends newborn baby
- Some item undecided yet for another friends unborn baby
- Some winter acc for family

.....so just a few things. You wouldn't think I had uni this term, let alone my OSCE's as well :s

Cannot wait to get back into stitch n bitch with Zoe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment