Thursday 4 February 2010

Cable slouch beanie and wrist warmers

Photobucket



I designed and made my boyfriend a scarf for christmas last year (which will be on here soon) and it was his favourite present, so i decided to make something for this christmas just gone. I found two patterns on ravelry that I loved, and am kinda jealous now because I want them myself!!!

I used a bigger yarn than was designed for the pattern, but then downsized on the needles so it would still work out as the correct size.

The yarn used was Wendy Viva; in a mixed grey, which is a chunky/bulky yarn and requires 10mm needles. Considering I used 6.5mm needles i was suprised the yarn worked really well pulled that tight.


Photobucket

I made the wrist warmers with the same yarn. This was actually very difficult, because I did it on cirular needles, which are just too long. I have brought some double pointed needles and plan to learn to use them; I have found some vogue wrist warmers i am going to try and make with them. It turned out by doing it this way that the thumbs just didn't work. Infact I spent two hours on each one, they looked messy and my boyfriends thumb couldn't even fit through them. I then cut the thumbs off and just croched thumb holes, which I think look a lot better, neater and my boyfriend prefers them like that!.

Photobucket


Photobucket


This picture shows the adapted thumb hole I did:

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Your hat turned out lovely, and the wrist warmers too.

    Glad you liked the pattern.

    ReplyDelete